Do you get exhausted from sacrificing other expenses to pay car insurance each month? You are in the same boat as many other Georgia drivers. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies to get the best rates possible.
Consumers should take time to compare rates as often as possible since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest price last year there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Buying car insurance in Dublin is not rocket science. But Georgia vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
How insurance companies determine premiums
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Driver age impacts prices – Beginning drivers in Georgia have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Older people have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Do you know your physical damage deductibles? – The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Combine policies to earn discounts – Many companies will give better rates to clients who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other insurance prices to guarantee you are still saving the most.There is a chance you can find better rates by buying from different companies
- Discounts for married couples – Having a significant other can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Avoid unnecessary extra coverages – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Deter theft and save money – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft.
- Big cities mean more claims – Being located in areas with lower population can save you money when talking about car insurance. Urban drivers have to deal with more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to know the fact most of the bigger providers have advanced systems to compare their rates. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like your education level, if it has an alarm system, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and how your vehicles are used. The data gets transmitted to all major companies and you receive quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance.
Get cheap Dublin car insurance with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts very well, so the next list breaks down both well-publicized and the more hidden car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Multi-line Discount – Some car insurance companies give a lower price if you buy life insurance.
- Theft Deterent System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class if offered at their school.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple cars on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save up to 5%.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy premiums.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, defensive driving training, good student, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and homeowner.
- Allstate has discounts for new car, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, anti-theft, and premier discount.
- Nationwide includes discounts for family plan, good student, defensive driving, easy pay, business or organization, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- MetLife has savings for good driver, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, claim-free, and defensive driver.
When comparing rates, check with each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your area. To find companies offering car insurance discounts in Dublin, click here.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Dublin insurance agency
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Dublin that can give you for your business. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just the price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Dublin?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
Do you need an independent or captive auto insurance agent?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Dublin are considered either captive or independent (non-captive).
Agents in the captive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents are well trained on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Dublin captive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
American Family Assoc – 50 Industrial Blvd – Dublin, GA 31021 – (478) 274-1127
State Farm Insurance – 316 Pine Forest St – Dublin, GA 31021 – (478) 275-1211
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments so they can quote policies through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Dublin that can give you price quotes.
Lord Insurance Svc – 212 W Jackson St # G – Dublin, GA 31021 – (478) 275-8060
Curry Insurance Inc – 1825 Veterans Blvd – Dublin, GA 31021 – (478) 272-2335
To view additional insurance agents in Dublin, here is a complete selection of Dublin Georgia insurance agents.
More detailed Georgia car insurance information is available at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Georgia drivers can view a list of available companies, learn about insurance regulations, download brochures, and find a variety of consumer forms.
These articles may also be worth reading.
- Free Guide to Cutting Costs on Dublin Car Insurance Online
- Useful Tips for Searching for a Dublin Insurance Agent
You can find cheaper coverage
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the best rates are with a small mutual company. These companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, Geico and Progressive.
Some companies don’t offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents. Cheap car insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture.