Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of car insurance providers available to you? There are so many options that it can easily turn into a real hassle to locate the lowest car insurance rates. Everyone knows Ellisville is a great city to raise a family in, but expensive car insurance premiums can make it very difficult to make ends meet.
This information will familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to save some money using this strategy. Mississippi consumers just need to learn the most effective way to find the lowest price online.
Finding cheaper car insurance rates is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes comparing from some recommended companies. It’s really simple and can be done in several different ways.
The easiest and least time consuming way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This method eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company. A single form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
A different way to get comparison quotes consists of visiting the website for each individual company and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll assume you want to get rates from Auto-Owners, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. To do that, you would have to spend time on each company’s site and repeatedly enter your information, which can get old fast. To view a list of companies in Ellisville, click here.
Even if you have time, the least recommended way to price shop rates is to waste gas driving to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for car insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the trained guidance of a local agency. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes but buy the policy through an agent.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but try to keep identical coverage limits for each price quote. If you use different deductibles you will not be able to decipher which rate is best in Ellisville.
Do drivers who switch really save $481 a year?
Consumers in Mississippi can’t ignore all the ads that claim the best rates from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to have a common claim about saving some big amount if you switch your policy.
That’s great but how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in how they say it.
Many companies have underwriting criteria for the type of insured that will most likely be profitable. A good example of a profitable risk profile could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has few claims, and has great credit. Any new insured who fits that profile will get the preferred auto insurance rates and will probably cut their rates if they switch.
Consumers who don’t meet this stringent profile may receive a more expensive rate which leads to the prospect going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “all people who quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to guess the company that will provide the lowest auto insurance rates.
Buy cheaper car insurance with these tips
Many things are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower rates.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- More traffic equals higher rates – Residing in areas with lower population can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People in densly populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer people means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- Safety first – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Younger drivers pay high prices – Inexperience drivers are proven to be inattentive with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teenage driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims , and are generally more financially stable.
- Always keep your policy in force – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your renewal premiums. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage might get you fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Mississippi department of motor vehicles.
- Car insurance liability coverage limits – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most major car insurance companies allow better rates to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying from different companies
Cheap Mississippi car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Responsible Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better car insurancerates if you take out a life policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, student away at school, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts including claim-free, good driver, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, good student, and safe driver.
- Geico has savings for anti-lock brakes, military active duty, emergency military deployment, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, safe driver, and anti-theft.
If you want , ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Ellisville. To locate companies with discount rates in Ellisville, follow this link.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my vehicle need full coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Mississippi?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Ellisville insurance agents?
Some people still like to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Ellisville.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Ellisville that provide for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Captive and independent Ellisville car insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a local Ellisville insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Ellisville may be either independent agents or captive agents. Both types of agents can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are appointed with more than one company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be captive can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from captive agents partially due to the brand and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of captive insurance agencies in Ellisville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 96 Hal Crocker Rd – Ellisville, MS 39437 – (601) 477-9336
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 326 Highway 11 N – Ellisville, MS 39437 – (601) 477-2074
To select from insurance agencies near you, feel free to click for a full listing of insurance agents in Ellisville.
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Any agent should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Ellisville?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent or even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.
When you , it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Additional car insurance links
Additional information can be found on the Mississippi Insurance Department website. Click here for link. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, file complaints about a company, find out which companies have the most complaints, and report car insurance fraud.
Other informative sites include this site for rates in Mississippi and this page for help finding agents in Ellisville, MS.