Shopping online for Littleton auto insurance is challenging if you have never used online rate quotes. But relax because using the internet to shop for auto insurance is actually quite easy.
Auto Insurance Prices in Littleton, Colorado
Most companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive quote pricing on the web. Getting quotes is quite easy as you simply type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. After you complete the form, their rating system will order your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information.
Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s very important to perform this step in order to get the lowest possible prices on auto insurance.
The preferred way to find lower prices uses one form that analyzes rates from many companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. Immediately after you send the form, it is quoted with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the quotes returned.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To save time and compare pricing, simply click here to open in new window and complete the simple form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Take discounts and save
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few need to be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To choose companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Littleton, follow this link.
What determines how much you pay?
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are some of the factors companies use to determine prices.
- Where you live – Being located in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. Lower population means reduced accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Colorado cities tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Performance influences rates – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Save money with special equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- Older drivers pay less – Young drivers in Colorado are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Clean credit earns discounts – A driver’s credit rating is a big factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your by improving your credit score.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Additional information is located on the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website found here. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, view agent and company licensing information, read state legal mandates and laws, and file complaints about a company.
Buyer beware of auto insurance advertising tricks
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the companies make an identical promise of big savings after switching to them. How does each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. An example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and has great credit. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t qualify for these standards will be quoted higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Smart shoppers get results
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, high prices or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be pretty painless.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
The cheapest auto insurance can be bought online and with local Littleton insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.