Are you regretting buying an expensive car insurance policy? Don’t feel bad because you’re not the only one. Big-name insurance companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should take the time to do price comparisons periodically due to the fact that insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you think you had the best premium rates two years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to show you the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Discounts can really help lower premiums
Some companies don’t list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the lesser-known car insurance savings.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Completing a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with some car insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you .
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will lower the premium cost.
For a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Middleton, click here to view.
The quickest method to compare policy rates is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is take a few minutes to give details including how much school you completed, how your vehicles are used, the ages of drivers, and what you do for a living. Those rating factors is instantly sent to all major companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
Do the work, save more money
Some car insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Cheap car insurance is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.