If you’ve never shopped for auto insurance online, it’s easy to get confused by the large number of companies offering insurance in Woburn.
Finding affordable coverage in Woburn is not rocket science. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Massachusetts drivers just need to understand the proper methods to get comparison rates online.
Why your price might be higher
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The make and model of the car you own makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for small economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers in Massachusetts have a tendency to be more careless behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a teenage driver to your auto insurance policy can break the bank. Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Credit score is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your by repairing your credit.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and burglary. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- Little extras can really add up – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like lawyers, executives and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and retirees pay the least.
Automobile Insurance Quotes in Woburn
Finding cheaper auto insurance prices isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to invest a little time to get quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The fastest way consumers can make multiple comparisons would be an industry-wide quote request form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate forms for every auto insurance company. One simple form will get you price quotes from all major companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online is going to each individual company website to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Allstate, Safeco and GMAC. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Woburn, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using exactly the same quote information on every quote. If you use mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best in Woburn.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the best known and the more hidden auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount depending on your company.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- E-sign – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accident claims.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Woburn may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose companies with discount auto insurance rates in Woburn, click here to view.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What are Massachusetts no-fault laws?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Even more information can be read at the Massachusetts Division of Insurance website. Massachusetts drivers can discover disciplinary actions, find out which companies have the most complaints, view agent and company licensing information, and report car insurance fraud.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
Affordable auto insurance can be purchased online and with local Woburn insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver and questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.