Perplexed by the sheer number of auto insurance company choices in Lancaster? You’re not the only one! People have so many options that it can be more work than you anticipated to find better rates.
If you have car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. This information will teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. But California consumers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Lancaster Auto Insurance Quote Comparison
Most major insurance companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive provide coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes is quite easy as you simply enter your required coverages as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, their rating system requests information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
A less time-consuming method to find lower prices utilizes a single form that analyzes rates from multiple companies. The form is fast, requires less work, and makes online price comparison much simpler. As soon as the form is sent, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the quotes that you receive.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. It just takes a couple of minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out if lower rates are available, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate as shown on your current policy. This ensures you will be getting a price comparison for exact coverage.
Discounts are basically free money
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when buying auto insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Lancaster can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
To choose insurers with the best auto insurance discounts in California, click here to view.
Online quotes with a local Lancaster insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local agencies is definitely important in Lancaster.
Once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! You can find the lowest rates AND an agent nearby.
The different types of insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a local agent, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Lancaster are classified as either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not locked into one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Lancaster that are able to give rate quotes.
- ISU Insurance Svc – 940 W Avenue J – Lancaster, CA 93534 – (661) 948-5041
- Lancaster Boulevard Agency – 764 W Lancaster Blvd # C – Lancaster, CA 93534 – (661) 949-2411
- Colonial Western Agency – 762 W Kettering St – Lancaster, CA 93534 – (661) 718-8498
- Agency One Insurance – 2052 W Avenue K – Lancaster, CA 93536 – (661) 723-0404
- Dean Johnson and Assoc Insurance – 1949 W Avenue L – Lancaster, CA 93534 – (661) 949-2441
This type of agents write business for a single company like American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
The following is a list of captive insurance agents in Lancaster willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 315 W Pondera St # E – Lancaster, CA 93534 – (661) 949-0232
- Farmers Insurance Group – 44504 10th St W – Lancaster, CA 93534 – (661) 949-0241
- State Farm Insurance – 44337 Challenger Way – Lancaster, CA 93535 – (661) 940-1588
For a complete listing of Lancaster captive insurance agents, please go to this site.
Picking an auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How long has their agency been open in Lancaster?
After receiving satisfactory answers as well as a affordable price, you may have just found an insurance agent that can properly insure your vehicles.
What impacts Lancaster insurance rates?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine rates.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, accidental death and membership fees are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be.
- With age comes lower rates – Youthful drivers in California have a tendency to be less responsible when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. Having to add a teen driver to your policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Keep rates low by being claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in California provide better rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Never go without insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
Can switching companies really save?
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the companies have a common claim that you can save if you move to their company. But how can every company say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer could be over the age of 50, is a homeowner, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who fall outside this ideal profile will have to pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. This is how companies can make those claims.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Summing up your auto insurance search
We just presented a lot of information how to shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Cost effective auto insurance can be sourced both online and with local Lancaster insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, questionable increases in premium, delays in paying claims or poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
California auto insurance information
Additional information can be read on the California Department of Insurance website. Click here for link. California drivers can learn about specific coverages, view a list of available companies, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
The following information may also be useful.