Finding the best price on Cynthiana auto insurance might seem complicated at first if you are like most people and have never completed rate quotes online. But don’t throw in the towel because it’s actually quite easy.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage before your policy renews because prices change quite often. Even if you got the best rate two years ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad information regarding auto insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get some great ways to lower your auto insurance premiums.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. This information will teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tricks to saving. But Kentucky vehicle owners do need to understand the way insurance companies market on the web.
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and Geico give prices for coverage on their websites. Doing online price comparisons is quite easy as all you need to do is type in your required coverages into the form. When complete, their quoting system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote.
This makes it easy to compare insurance prices but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and type in the same data is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get better prices.
The quickest way to get multiple rate quotes utilizes a single form that analyzes rates from multiple companies. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable and efficient. Once the form is submitted, it gets priced with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the quotes returned.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To save time and find out if lower rates are available, click here and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the coverages identical to your current policy. This ensures you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison for the exact same coverage.
How to lower your auto insurance rates
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious such as your credit history or how financially stable you are. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find better auto insurance rates.
- Higher coverage deductibles are cheaper – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your auto insurance will be.
- Gender as a rate factor – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Low mileage costs less – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level compared to those used for work or business. Verify your policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money.
- Better premiums on safer cars – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Where you live factors in – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas tend to have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Avoid unnecessary incidental coverages – Policies have extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying auto insurance. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and membership fees are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea initially, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
Find hidden discounts on Cynthiana auto insurance
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Larger auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- State Farm has savings for multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, student away at school, and good driver.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- Geico may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, driver training, federal employee, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century has discounts for teen driver, early bird, air bags, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, and homeowners.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
Check with each company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not apply to policies in Cynthiana. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Cynthiana, click here to view.
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to reduce auto insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company.
When getting , you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and high prices. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
For more reading
Additional information is located on the Kentucky Department of Insurance website found here. Consumers can find out which companies have the most complaints, view a list of available companies, and view agent and company licensing information.