Wish you could get a refund on an overpriced car insurance policy? It’s quite common and there are a lot of people in Johnstown just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. There are many auto insurance companies to choose from, and although it’s nice to be able to choose, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around every six months because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best deal six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance online but in this article, you’re going to get a bunch of ideas how to lower your car insurance bill.
Buying car insurance in Johnstown is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Colorado vehicle owners just need to understand the most effective way to shop for car insurance online.
Discounts for cheaper car insurance quotes
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Student in College – who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include good driver, multiple policy, multiple autos, passive restraint, student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- American Family may have discounts that include mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, good student, early bird, and accident-free.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- Geico has savings for defensive driver, air bags, seat belt use, military active duty, and federal employee.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for age of vehicle, location of vehicle, anti-theft, multi-car, and low natural disaster claims.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, business and professional, early shopping, switch companies, distant student, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Discounts may not apply in every state.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Colorado DORA Division of Insurance website. Visitors are able to learn about insurance regulations, find a variety of consumer forms, and read state legal mandates and laws.
These articles may also be worth reading.
- 7 Best Ways to Cut Auto Insurance Costs in Johnstown
- Buy Johnstown Pennsylvania Auto Insurance Like a Scrooge
Best coverage at the best price
We covered a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding . You may even find the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm, Geico and Nationwide.
Cheaper car insurance is possible from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and usually these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies.