If online car insurance comparisons are new to you, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of car insurance companies offering insurance in Ardmore.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage on a regular basis because insurance rates change quite often. If you had the lowest price a few years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
This information will tell you how to get online quotes and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Oklahoma consumers just need to understand the proper way to shop online.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but less common discounts must be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Ardmore?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Oklahoma?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is Oklahoma a no-fault state?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Buying car insurance locally
Some consumers would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you peace of mind. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Ardmore.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-4.jpg" alt="Ardmore Oklahoma car insurance“/>
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
The difference between Ardmore insurance agencies
When researching an insurance agent, there are two different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Ardmore agents are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). Both write coverage properly, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most have the option of insuring with different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below are Ardmore independent agents who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Shinn Agency – 419 N Washington St – Ardmore, OK 73401 – (580) 223-0330
- William B Parker Insurance – 10 W Main St – Ardmore, OK 73401 – (580) 226-5368
- Luke Pollard Insurance – 1405 W Broadway St – Ardmore, OK 73401 – (580) 223-2121
- Jordan-Snodgrass Agency Inc – 619 Grand Ave – Ardmore, OK 73401 – (580) 223-3233
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a captive agent primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are captive insurance agencies in Ardmore that can give you price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 724 Grand Ave – Ardmore, OK 73401 – (580) 226-6400
- Shelter Insurance – 1118 N Washington St – Ardmore, OK 73401 – (580) 226-7120
For a full directory of captive insurance agencies in Ardmore, visit this site.
Selecting an insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- How are claims handled?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
After receiving reasonable responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that will properly service your car insurance policy.
To learn more about car insurance in Oklahoma
Much more information about car insurance in Oklahoma is available on the Oklahoma Insurance Department website located here. Oklahoma consumers can learn about specific coverages, read industry bulletins, download brochures, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
More quotes mean more savings
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to lower your car insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the most savings is with the least-expected company.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
The cheapest car insurance is possible both online in addition to many Ardmore insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.