I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much.
Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company to find the absolute lowest price
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes every six months since insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the best price a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to quote online to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage in Saginaw is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although Michigan car owners do need to learn how companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
How to Get Car Insurance in Saginaw, Michigan
The are a couple different ways to compare quotes from local in Saginaw, Michigancar insurance companies. By far the easiest way to find the cheapest insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests for every car insurance company. One form submission will get you rate comparisons .
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes is to take the time to go to the website for each individual company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Farmers, Esurance and State Farm. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Saginaw, click here.
However you get your quotes, make darn sure you compare identical coverage limits and deductibles for each price quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison in Saginaw. Having just a slight variation in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that more quotes will improve the odds of getting the best price.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Claims – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts in Saginaw, click here to view.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Additional information is located on the website for the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation. Click here for link. Consumers can get help finding coverage, find out industry alerts, and download brochures.
Summing up your car insurance search
You just read quite a bit of information on how to reduce car insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.