Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your personal savings and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Online insurance companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm increase brand awareness with advertising and it is difficult to ignore the promise of big savings and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Buying car insurance in Escondido is easy if you know what you’re doing. California consumers just need to learn how to get comparison quotes online.
Fast and Easy Escondido Auto Insurance Quotes
Comparing auto insurance rates is a ton of work if you don’t know the easiest way. You can spend your afternoon driving to local insurance agents in Escondido, or you could save time and use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most car insurance companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and every company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for each company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to getting quotes like this is that consumers can’t choose which insurance companies you want pricing from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in California. View list of California insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using identical coverage limits and deductibles with each company. If each company quotes different liability limits you can’t possibly determine the best price in Escondido.
Discounts are great for lower rates
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive reduced rates.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will help reduce your premiums.
To choose insurers offering auto insurance discounts in California, click here.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving my company car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
For more reading
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the website for the California Department of Insurance located here. Visitors are able to find out which companies have the most complaints, view a list of available companies, find out industry alerts, and view agent and company licensing information.
Other related articles: