Comparison shopping for low cost Bridgton auto insurance is always hard for beginners to online insurance quotes. With such a large number of insurers to choose from, it can easily become a burden to find the best coverage rates.
There are a lot of ways you can shop for auto insurance but some are more efficient than others. You could spend your day discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in Bridgton, or you can stay home and use the internet to get pricing more quickly.
Many companies enroll in a system that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each company provides a quote for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to each company.
To compare rates now click here to open in new window.
The one downside to doing it this way is that you can’t choose the providers you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select individual companies to request quotes from, we have a listing of auto insurance companies in Maine. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just try to keep the same coverage data with each company. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best in Bridgton. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps locate more affordable rates. Some regional insurers cannot provide rate quotes online, so you need to compare price estimates from them, too.
Cheaper Maine auto insurance quotes with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some of these disounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be manually applied before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and Geico allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because newer models are generally safer.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for auto insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your auto insurance premiums.
Large auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for accident-free, good driver, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Geico discounts include air bags, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century includes discounts for early bird, 55 and older, theft prevention, driver training, homeowners, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- American Family may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, air bags, and good student.
- The Hartford may include discounts for driver training, anti-theft, bundle, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA has discounts for good student, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
When comparing rates, check with each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts might not be offered in Bridgton.
To learn more about auto insurance in Maine
Much more information about auto insurance in Maine is located on the Maine Bureau of Insurance website. Click here for link. Maine drivers can get help finding coverage, view agent and company licensing information, and read industry bulletins.