Comparison shopping for Butler car insurance is always a challenge for consumers not familiar with comparison shopping online. Drivers have so many options that it can be a real hassle to locate the lowest price in Butler.
The purpose of this article is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save some money using these methods. Pennsylvania consumers just need to understand the best way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Save big with these discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but some must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with a few car insurance companies.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Butler may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on the same car insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Pennsylvania, follow this link.
Smart Buyers can Save Money
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Your age impacts your rates – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your policy. Things like roadside assistance, accidental death and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when buying car insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates tend to be for small economy passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Shop online but buy locally
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain the best rates but also keep your business local. Buying from local businesses is definitely important in Butler.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to companies in Butler who will give you bids to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How’s that for easy!
The type of insurance agency you choose is important
When looking for a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents that you can select. Butler agents can either be independent or captive. While both can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you should always include several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Butler willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Rober B Minich Agency – 230 Mercer St – Butler, PA 16001 – (724) 285-3743
- Joseph B Bandura Insurance Inc – 1775 N Main Street Ext – Butler, PA 16001 – (724) 287-3743
- Richard Kotch Agency – 293 Evans City Rd – Butler, PA 16001 – (724) 285-1164
- Mc Candless Agency Inc – 115 E Cunningham St – Butler, PA 16001 – (724) 287-1711
- C W Howard Insurance – 405 W Jefferson St – Butler, PA 16001 – (724) 283-8181
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent partially due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agencies in Butler willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1022 N Main St # 100 – Butler, PA 16001 – (724) 283-3071
- State Farm Insurance – 1025 New Castle St – Butler, PA 16001 – (724) 287-1046
To view a complete directory of car insurance agents in Butler, please go to this site.
Selecting an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- How long has their agency been open in Butler?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How are they compensated?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
After getting satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles.
Additional Pennsylvania car insurance resources
More information is located on the Pennsylvania Insurance Department website found here. Consumers can find disaster information, download brochures, and file complaints about an insurance agent or broker.
More effort can pay off
We just presented many ways to compare car insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best price on car insurance is with the smaller companies.
When shopping online for car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.