Have you fallen victim to an overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you many Downers Grove consumers are in the same pinch. Big companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons on a regular basis since prices change quite often. Just because you had the lowest rates a year ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Buying car insurance in Downers Grove is not rocket science. Illinois vehicle owners only need to know the tricks to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Drivers can save with with these discounts
Auto insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but occassionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can get better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a . Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Theft Deterent – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Car insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To see insurers with significant discounts in Downers Grove, follow this link.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance can be quick and easy. All that’s required is to spend a little time getting comparison quotes from online providers. It’s super easy and can be done by following the guidelines below.
- The single most time-saving way to find low rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This method prevents you from having to do multiple quote forms for every company. One quote request will get you price quotes instantly.
- A more time consuming way to compare rate quotes consists of going to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s say you need rates from Auto-Owners, State Farm and GMAC. You would need to spend time on each company’s site and type in your information over and over, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Downers Grove, click here.
The method you choose is up to you, but be certain you are entering exactly the same information for each comparison quote. If each company quotes different deductibles it will be nearly impossible to determine the best price in Downers Grove.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Who is covered when they drive my vehicle?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
More effort can pay off
Cost effective auto insurance is attainable online and with local Downers Grove insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for auto insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.