Paying cheaper coverage rates for Ocala car insurance can seem to be challenging for drivers who have little experience online price comparisons. There are so many choices that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find more affordable prices in Florida.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates occasionally since insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best deal on your last policy you can probably find a better premium rate now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding car insurance out there, but I’m going to show you the easiest ways to find affordable car insurance.
The purpose of this post is to tell you the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Florida drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare company rates on the web.
How insurance companies determine premiums
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
- Marriage pays dividends – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a significant other means you’re more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- that lower car insurance rates – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Occupation and insurance premiums – Occupational choices like fire fightersairline pilots and stock brokers are shown to have higher premium rates attributed to job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates.
- Bundle and save – Many insurance companies provide better rates to insureds that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. It’s possible to still save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Is insurance cheaper for men or women? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Women and men get in fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand almost all companies actually pay money for the chance to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide information such as distance driven, whether you are single or married, the type of vehicles you drive, and whether you have decent credit. Your details is instantly sent to multiple car insurance providers and they return quotes instantly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the form.
Get lower-cost Florida car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but occassionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current policy expiring. You may see this discount when you get .
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a . Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Student in College – living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, good driver, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for business and professional, good student, multi-car, youthful driver, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Geico may offer discounts for daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-theft, seat belt use, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and military active duty.
- Esurance discounts include defensive driver, good student, online shopper, emergency road assistance, paid-in-full, and Pac-12 alumni.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and drive less.
- State Farm has savings for accident-free, multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies the best way to save money. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your state. To locate providers who offer car insurance discounts in Ocala, click this link.
Captive versus independent insurance agencies
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Ocala.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in Ocala who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Do you need an independent or captive car insurance agent?
If you’re trying to find a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Ocala can be classified as either captive or independent. Either can do a good job, but it’s important to know how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
The following is a small list of independent agents in Ocala that can possibly get you competitive price quotes.
- Prestige Agency – 317 NE 36th Ave – Ocala, FL 34470 – (352) 351-3313
- United Amercian Insurance Co – 1515 E Silver Springs Blvd – Ocala, FL 34470 – (352) 867-7717
- Rick Callum Insurance – 3306 SW 26th Ave # 400 – Ocala, FL 34474 – (352) 873-9899
- Affiliated Agency – 3535 SE Maricamp Rd # 303 – Ocala, FL 34471 – (352) 694-7600
Captive agents write business for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Captives are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from captives mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Listed below is a list of captive agencies in Ocala willing to provide price quotes.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 245 NE 36th Ave – Ocala, FL 34470 – (352) 694-9800
- State Farm Insurance – 8585 SW Highway 200 # 6 – Ocala, FL 34481 – (352) 854-1600
- Allstate Insurance – 5336 SE Maricamp Rd – Ocala, FL 34480 – (352) 694-1946
To contact insurance agents in your neighborhood, view this list of Ocala Florida insurance agents.
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Florida?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Florida minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Much more information about car insurance in Florida can be found on the . Click here for link. Florida consumers can report car insurance fraud, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, find a variety of consumer forms, and learn about insurance regulations.
Be persistent and save
Some insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents. Lower-priced car insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Ocala agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high prices, unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests or policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.