Buying the most affordable Wells auto insurance online can seem to be problematic for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. Since there are so many online companies available, how can Wells drivers effectively compare every company to locate the lowest price?
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around quite often because rates change regularly. Just because you found the best price a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Decisions you make can impact your rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Women and men have accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – The majority of insurers provide better rates to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Your auto insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates attributed to high stress and long work hours. On the other hand, occupations like scientists, students and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- What are your deductibles? – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
How to Compare Wells Auto Insurance Costs
All the larger auto insurance companies quote insurance quotes directly from their websites. This process is fairly simple as you simply enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. When the form is submitted, the system obtains reports for credit and driving violations and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the process of having to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Compare rates the easy way
A more efficient way to get multiple rate quotes utilizes a single form that gets prices from many companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online quotes much easier to do. As soon as you send your information, your coverage is rated and you can choose any of the returned quotes.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To quickly find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you type in the coverages identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Nevada consumers constantly see and hear ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all make the same claim of big savings after switching your policy.
How can each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk could be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who are not a match for the requirements must pay higher prices which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads state “people who switch” not “people who quote” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This illustrates why you should get quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home – Owning a home in Wells can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Buying auto insurance from a local agent
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Insurance agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Wells.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Car insurance agents in Wells come in two varieties
When researching a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Wells are categorized either independent or captive. Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they are different because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agents in Wells that can give you comparison quotes.
- Robert Supp’s Insurance – 520 6th St – Wells, NV 89835 – (775) 752-3316
Captive agencies are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, Farmers Insurance or Liberty Mutual. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only buy from captive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies?
Upon receiving acceptable answers and an affordable coverage quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that will insure your vehicles.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in Nevada?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Much more information about auto insurance in Nevada can be found on the Nevada Division of Insurance website located here. Visitors are able to find a variety of consumer forms, find out which companies have the most complaints, and discover disciplinary actions.
These articles may also be worth reading.
Best coverage at the best price
We just presented many ways to reduce auto insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the best prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Discount auto insurance can be found on the web and with local Wells insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, finding a new auto insurance company is actually quite simple.