Feel like you’re a prisoner to an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me, there are a lot of people in Amarillo just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
With consumers having so many insurance providers from which to choose, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the right provider.
Quick Amarillo Car Insurance Quotes
All major car insurance companies quote coverage price quotes directly from their websites. The process is pretty painless as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once entered, their system will obtain your driving record and credit report and provides a quote based on these factors. Online price quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you want to find better prices.
The better way to compare rates
The easiest way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. It saves time, reduces the work, and makes quoting online much easier. After sending your information, it is rated and you can choose your choice of the quotes that you receive.
If you find a better price you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To quickly compare rates now, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This way, you will receive comparison quotes for exact coverage.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better car insurance rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will reduce your premiums.
To choose companies who offer car insurance discounts in Amarillo, follow this link.
Make smart decisions and save
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when it comes to car insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurers give discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can get you a discount when buying car insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my vehicle is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my vehicle qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do I need higher deductibles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
More information is located on the website for the Texas Department of Insurance found here. Texas consumers can file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, download brochures, find out which companies have the most complaints, and discover disciplinary actions.
The following information may also be useful.
- Consumer Information for Researching an Amarillo Texas Car Insurance Agent
- 9 Ways to Cut Your Car Insurance Prices in Amarillo, TX
Buyer beware of car insurance advertising tricks
State Farm and Allstate consistently run television and radio advertisements. All the companies make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you change your policy. How do they all make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk could be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and has a short commute. A driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Drivers who do not match the requirements will be quoted higher prices which leads to the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest rates.
Summing up your car insurance search
Cheap car insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Amarillo agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read a lot of ways to shop for car insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.