Expensive auto insurance can bottom out your funds, especially in this economy. Price shopping at each renewal is recommended to lower your bills every month.
With so many different company options, it can be hard to find the lowest cost auto insurance provider.
Finding the best rates in Fraser is not that difficult. If you have a current auto insurance policy or need a new policy, you can learn to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Michigan drivers just need to learn the most efficient way to shop their coverage around on the web.
More discounts mean lower premiums
Some insurance providers do not list all disounts very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds who allow their auto insurance company to track where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Driver Safety – Passing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not take a car to college could get you a discount.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
When getting , it’s a good idea to every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Fraser.
Fraser auto insurance rates are influenced by these factors
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Small coverages can add up – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your policy. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Alarm systems lowers premiums – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart theives like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop vehicle theft.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of insurers give better rates to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Your vocation and auto insurance rates – Careers like doctors, architects and financial analysts generally have higher premium rates because of job stress and long work days. Other jobs such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed get better rates.
- Gender and car insurance rates – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. They also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
- Don’t skimp on liability – Your policy’s liability coverage will provide protection when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers rates – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken windshield, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Fraser car insurance agent
Certain consumers just prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Fraser that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Captive agents vs. Independent agents
When finding local Fraser agents, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance policy providers can be described as either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact which agent you choose.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Captive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a short list of captive insurance agents in Fraser that are able to give rate quotes.
Allstate Insurance – 16750 E 14 Mile Rd – Fraser, MI 48026 – (586) 293-6200
State Farm Insurance – 17735 E 14 Mile Rd – Fraser, MI 48026 – (586) 293-4700
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Fraser that are able to give price quote information.
Kurt J Teller Insurance Inc – 16054 15 Mile Rd – Fraser, MI 48026 – (586) 294-2277
John Burke Agency – 17713 E 14 Mile Rd – Fraser, MI 48026 – (586) 293-1185
Eickmann Insurance – 33180 Groesbeck Hwy – Fraser, MI 48026 – (586) 294-2660
To choose from more auto insurance agents in Fraser, visit this list of insurance agencies in Fraser.
Even more information is located at the Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation website. Michigan drivers can file complaints about a company, read state legal mandates and laws, find out industry alerts, and read enforcement actions against agents and companies.
A tidy conclusion
When getting , it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Fraser, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.