Are you intimidated by the dozens of car insurance companies in Staunton? Many other consumers are too. Drivers have so many choices that it can turn into a lot of work to compare prices.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Starting now, ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Finding the lowest cost coverage in Staunton is simple if you know the tricks. Virginia drivers just need to know the tricks to compare prices on the web.
Finding Car Insurance Deals in Staunton, Virginia
Lowering your car insurance rates can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to take the time to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- One of the simplest ways to find low rates is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests to each individual car insurance company. One simple form will return quotes . It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A different way to compare prices is to manually visit the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s say you want comparison quotes from USAA, Allstate and GEICO. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Staunton, click here.
- The least recommended method to get comparison rates to different Staunton agent offices. The ability to buy insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If you enter different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison in Staunton.
What about using a local agent?
Certain consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Educated insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Staunton who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. It doesn’t get any easier!
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How are they compensated?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Different types of Staunton car insurance agents
When looking for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures from which to choose. Staunton agents are categorized either independent or captive. Both types can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Captive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are Staunton captive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 1215 Greenville Ave # B – Staunton, VA 24401 – (540) 886-9397
- State Farm Insurance – 902 Churchville Ave – Staunton, VA 24401 – (540) 885-8839
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, you should always contact at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Staunton independent agencies who can help you get price quotes.
- Prosure Insurance – 829 Greenville Ave – Staunton, VA 24401 – (540) 885-5531
- Court Square Title Agency – 6 Byers St – Staunton, VA 24401 – (540) 885-7732
- Insurance Partners Of Va – 320 N Central Ave – Staunton, VA 24401 – (540) 886-3456
To view a full list of insurance agents in Staunton, view this link.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles.
Virginia insurance information
More detailed Virginia car insurance information is available at the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website. Visitors are able to discover disciplinary actions, find out which companies have the most complaints, and learn about specific coverages.