If you’ve never shopped for car insurance online, it’s easy to get confused by the large number of car insurance companies vying for business in Brandon.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, you’re out of luck. Any amount of discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
Understand what determines the rate you pay
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
The following are some of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Please use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is a misdemeanor and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married can get you a discount on car insurance. It means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Performance level impacts rates – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Small economy passenger models generally receive the lowest base rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Price shop online but buy from a local Brandon agent
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Educated insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Brandon.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to agents in your area who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier!
Pick the best car insurance agent in Brandon for you
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents to choose from. Brandon agents can either be captive or independent. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can impact the selection process.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When searching for an agent, you should always include at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most have the option of insuring with smaller companies which can save you money.
Listed below are Brandon independent insurance agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- MALTA Insurance – 220 Avalon Cir # D – Brandon, MS 39047 – (601) 919-1342
- Thomas Insurance – 202 N College St – Brandon, MS 39042 – (601) 825-1634
- Nowell Agency – 1500 Old Fannin Rd – Brandon, MS 39047 – (601) 992-4444
- Davis-Garvin Agency Inc – 216 Avalon Cir # C – Brandon, MS 39047 – (601) 992-0227
- Randy Ates Agency – 101 Avalon Ct # A – Brandon, MS 39047 – (601) 992-0949
These agents write business for a single company and examples are Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. Captives cannot place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Brandon captive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 5719 Highway 25 # 3 – Brandon, MS 39047 – (601) 992-0048
- Shelter Insurance – 1041 Lake Village Cir – Brandon, MS 39047 – (601) 992-0555
- State Farm Insurance – 317 Village Sq # 4 – Brandon, MS 39047 – (601) 992-4040
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 104 Louis Wilson Dr – Brandon, MS 39042 – (601) 825-5056
To view a complete directory of captive insurance agencies in Brandon, please view this page.
Selecting an auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Once you have received acceptable answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your car insurance policy.
Additional information can be found on the Mississippi Insurance Department website through this link. Mississippi consumers can discover disciplinary actions, find a variety of consumer forms, and learn about insurance regulations.
More related Brandon car insurance information:
- Car Insurance in Brandon 6 Discounts to Save Money
- Popular Tricks for Buying Brandon, SD Car Insurance for Less Money
Do the work, save more money
Budget-conscious car insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many Brandon insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Drivers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or being labeled a high risk driver. Whatever your reason, switching companies is not as hard as you think.
When you buy insurance online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.