Shopping for the most affordable Newton auto insurance online can seem to be challenging for people who are new to comparison shopping online. Because there are so many insurers to choose from, how can anyone have a chance to compare them all to find the lowest price available?
Consumers need to compare prices at least once a year because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the lowest rates two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Starting now, ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Buying the cheapest protection in Newton is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, Kansas drivers do need to know how big insurance companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Comprehensive Newton Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The easiest way to find competitive insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. This can be done in several different ways.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method eliminates the need for a different quote to each individual auto insurance company. A single, simple form will return quotes from several companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A slightly less efficient method to compare rate quotes is spending the time to visit each individual company website to request a price quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want rates from Auto-Owners, State Farm and GEICO. To find out each rate you need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a handy list of car insurance company links in Newton, click here.
- The hardest method to get comparison rates to and from local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just compare exactly the same coverages with every price quote. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly find the best deal in Newton. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes provides better odds of finding better pricing.
Why you might pay higher rates in Newton
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Type of vehicle determines base rates – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Lower performance four cylinder passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Having a bad credit rating is a huge factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your by improving your credit score.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband can get you a discount on auto insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your auto insurance policy shows the correct driver usage.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase on your policy. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and membership fees are examples of these. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off with certain companies.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to bad drivers.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a civic or occupational organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of providers with discount auto insurance rates in Newton, click here.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you will benefit from professional help.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-83.jpg" alt="Newton KS insurance quotes” />
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Kansas?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Comparing rates from local agents
Certain consumers prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is sent to participating agents in Newton who will compete for your business. You don’t have to drive around as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Deciding on a company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
When researching a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agencies work for only one company such as State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are captive agents in Newton who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance Group – 614 N Main St – Newton, KS 67114 – (316) 283-0021
- American Family Insurance – 1311 N Main St – Newton, KS 67114 – (316) 283-6605
- State Farm Insurance – 522 N Main St – Newton, KS 67114 – (316) 283-5143
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. Many write coverage with lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Newton that can give you price quotes.
- Miller Insurance – 715 N Main St – Newton, KS 67114 – (316) 283-7281
- Hosford Agency Inc – 227 W Broadway St – Newton, KS 67114 – (316) 283-4241
- Brooke Insurance and Financial – 400 S Main St – Newton, KS 67114 – (316) 283-5870
To view a complete directory of Newton insurance agents, visit this site.
Upon receiving answers to your satisfaction to these questions and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
One last thing
In this article, we covered many tips how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high prices, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Some additional reading
Additional detailed information is located at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Consumers can view agent and company licensing information, find out which companies have the most complaints, get help finding coverage, and view a list of available companies.
More related Newton auto insurance information: