If shopping for car insurance online is new to you, you can be overwhelmed because of the huge number of car insurance companies offering insurance in Northport.
Finding affordable coverage in Northport is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using this strategy. But Alabama drivers benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Take advantage of discounts
Companies do not advertise all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Northport, follow this link.
Can switching companies really save?
Allstate, Geico and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. All the companies have a common claim that you can save if you move to them. How does each company say the same thing?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk might be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who do not match these standards will have to pay more money and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of the profiling, you should compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
To learn even more about car insurance
More detailed Alabama car insurance information is available at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Alabama drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, report car insurance fraud, and read industry bulletins.
A little work can save a LOT of money
While you’re price shopping online, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Cost effective car insurance is definitely available on the web as well as from independent agents in Northport, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for car insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.