If you are new to online car insurance, by this point your are probably baffled because of the huge number insurance agents and companies all advertising big savings.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons yearly due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. You can search a lot of car insurance on the web, but I’m going to show you some good information on how to find affordable car insurance.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Buying cheaper car insurance in Pratt can be fairly easy. Kansas consumers just need to understand the best way to shop their coverage around over the internet.
You may qualify for discounts
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some car insurance companies.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting car insurance coverage on a new car can save you some money because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your .
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
If you would like to view insurers that offer discounts in Pratt, click here.
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You can spend countless hours driving to insurance companies in Pratt, or you can stay home and use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies take part in a program that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each participating company can provide price quotes based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for each company. To enter your information into the quoting system, click to open in new window.
The only downside to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly the companies you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we have a listing of car insurance companies in Kansas. View list of Kansas insurance companies.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just do your best to use the exact same deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If you have different deductibles it will be impossible to make an equal comparison in Pratt.
Informed drivers can cut your costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that help calculate your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower premium levels.
- No policy claims equals better prices – If you are a frequent claim filer, don’t be surprised to see much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Kansas provide the best rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. Urban drivers have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Most insurance companies give lower prices to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, it’s always a smart idea to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings get lower rates. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
Does car insurance advertising bend the truth?
Consumers in Kansas can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings for switching from the likes of Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to have a common claim that drivers will save a bundle after switching to their company.
That’s great but how can every company lower your rates? Here is how they do it.
Most companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that will be a good risk. For example, this type of insured might be between 25 and 40, has never had a claim, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get a cheap rate quote and therefore will save when switching.
Potential insureds who do not fit the “perfect” profile may be required to pay higher rates and the customer not purchasing. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” will save that much if they switch. That is how companies can make the claims of big savings. Different companies use different criteria so you should get as many as possible. It is impossible to guess which company will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
More quotes mean more savings
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
When searching for , do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Discount car insurance is possible both online and with local Pratt insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Kansas Insurance Department website. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, file complaints about an insurance agent or broker, and get help finding coverage.
More related Pratt car insurance information: