Comparing Rochester auto insurance rates online can be a challenge if you’ve never compared online quotes. But don’t let that discourage you because using the internet to shop for auto insurance is actually quite easy.
You need to price shop coverage periodically because rates trend upward over time. If you had the best rates a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. So just ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the easiest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Rochester Auto Insurance Comparisons
There are a lot of ways to compare auto insurance quotes, but one way is easier and takes less work. You can spend your afternoon driving to insurance companies in Rochester, or you could use online quoting for quick rates.
Many of the larger companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each company returns a rated price determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions to each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to using this type of form is you cannot specify which providers you want to price. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of low cost auto insurance companies in New Hampshire. View list of New Hampshire insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just double check that you are using exactly the same coverages on every quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be impossible to make a fair comparison in Rochester. Slightly different insurance coverages may result in large price differences. Just remember that more quotes helps you find better pricing.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize all available discounts very well, so we break down both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in New Hampshire, follow this link.
Learn more today
More detailed New Hampshire auto insurance information is available at the New Hampshire Insurance Department website. New Hampshire drivers can read enforcement actions against agents and companies, discover disciplinary actions, view a list of available companies, and find a variety of consumer forms.