Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are many people just like you. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to discover the definitive lowest rate
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best price on your last policy you can probably find a better price now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use this information to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Buying car insurance in Raymore is not rocket science. Missouri drivers only need to know the proper way to buy car insurance over the internet.
Learn How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Better credit means lower rates – Credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are quite a few additional coverages you can purchase on your car insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when buying car insurance. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving citation history has a big impact on rates. Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Discounts can save BIG
Companies don’t list every available discount very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts in Raymore, click here.
Comparing rates from local agents
Some people would rather buy from a local agent. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to participating agents in Raymore who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. Now that’s easy!
Deciding on an insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How are claims handled?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
Two types of Raymore car insurance agents
When searching for a local agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either independent or captive. While both can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Captive Insurance Agents
Captive agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA and Liberty Mutual. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of captive insurance agents in Raymore that can give you comparison quotes.
Shelter Insurance – 109 New Madison # C – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 318-0600
Farmers Insurance Group – 11209 E 195th St – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 322-6800
Farm Bureau Insurance – 319d W Foxwood Dr – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 331-9297
Allstate Insurance – 406 W Pine St # P – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 322-2888
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, you should always include at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Raymore that can give you comparison quotes.
Bus Insurance Partners Inc – 12806 E 195th St – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 318-8869
Tom Circo Agency – 1252 W Foxwood Dr – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 322-9016
Farm Bureau Insurance – 319d W Foxwood Dr – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 331-9297
Molendorp Agency – 100 N Evans Ave – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 331-9335
Nathan Ward Agency – 208 W Walnut St – Raymore, MO 64083 – (816) 322-2828
For a full directory of Raymore insurance agents, simply jump to this page.
Upon getting good answers for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agent that will properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Missouri drivers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all have a common claim that you can save if you move to them.
But how can every company say the same thing?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a driver they prefer might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile must pay a more expensive rate and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. This illustrates why you need to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which company will give you the biggest savings.
Informative consumer insurance sites
More detailed Missouri car insurance information is located at the Missouri Department of Insurance website. Consumers can read state legal mandates and laws, get help finding coverage, and find out industry alerts.
Do the work, save more money
Affordable car insurance is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many Raymore insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned many ideas to shop for car insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.