Shopping for low-cost Henderson car insurance online is problematic for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. With dozens of insurance companies available, how can Henderson drivers effectively compare them all to find the best price?
It’s a good habit to price shop coverage occasionally because prices are usually higher with each renewal. If you had the best rates on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Henderson Car Insurance Comparisons
Effectively comparing car insurance prices can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the most efficient way to do it. You could spend the better part of a day talking to insurance agencies in Henderson, or you can stay home and use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Most of the larger companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to only type in their quote data once, and every company returns a rated price determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests for every car insurance company. To submit your quote information now, click to open in new window.
The only drawback to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose the providers to receive prices from. So if you want to select from a list of companies to compare, we put together a list of companies who write car insurance in Nevada. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you are comparing the exact same information with every price quote. If your comparisons have different values for each quote you can’t possibly find the best deal in Henderson.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden car insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in school.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Henderson, click here to view.
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Car Insurance Cheaper
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Residing in less populated areas can save you money when it comes to car insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft. City drivers have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records get better rates than bad drivers. Even one citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. If you have serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, and windstorm damage. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Older drivers pay less – Teen drivers in Nevada tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Buying car insurance from a local agent
Some consumers just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Agents can answer important questions and help submit paperwork. The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will battle for your insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. How cool is that?!
Deciding on an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
Different types of Henderson insurance agents
If you’re trying to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agencies in Henderson are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive. Both types can insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Captive Insurance Agents
This type of agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Captive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers frequently choose to use a captive agent partially due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are captive agencies in Henderson willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 565 College Dr – Henderson, NV 89015 – (702) 898-0038
- Allstate Insurance – 661 N Stephanie St – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 435-1338
- American Family Insurance – 209 S Stephanie St # A – Henderson, NV 89012 – (702) 260-1422
- Farmers Insurance Group – 2298 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 362-3276
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not locked into one company but rather can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
When shopping rates, we recommend you include price quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Henderson willing to provide price quote information.
- Scott A Fulwider Agency – 2298 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #100 – Henderson, NV 89052 – (702) 407-5100
- Charlie Saunders Agency – 101 E Horizon Dr # C – Henderson, NV 89015 – (702) 567-5330
- HCR Agency – 1205 W Warm Springs Rd # 107 – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 450-1315
- Specialized Insurance Sltns – 1716 Sky Mountain Way – Henderson, NV 89014 – (702) 458-9960
- SHG Insurance – 1599 Shootout Pl – Henderson, NV 89015 – (702) 563-5400
For a full directory of car insurance agents in Henderson, click here to link.
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, most likely you have located an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to adequately provide car insurance.
Additional detailed information can be read at the Nevada Division of Insurance website. Nevada drivers can find out which companies have the most complaints, report car insurance fraud, discover disciplinary actions, and find out industry alerts.
More comparisons equals lower rates
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper car insurance is possible from both online companies and with local Henderson insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be less work than you think.