I doubt anyone likes having to buy auto insurance, especially when the cost is way too high. Numerous insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute best price available.
It’s a good habit to compare rates yearly because insurance prices change frequently. If you had the best deal two years ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Valley is quite easy. Although Alabama vehicle owners must learn how the larger insurance companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Cheap Alabama auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about before they will apply.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting coverage on a new car may earn a small discount because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can get a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety could earn you a small percentage discount if your company offers it.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some auto insurance companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for business and professional, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, alternative fuel, homeowner, and teen driver.
- Esurance offers discounts for paid-in-full, renters, online quote, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, multiple autos, defensive driving training, passive restraint, accident-free, driver’s education, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate may include discounts for farm vehicle, senior citizen, passive restraint, anti-lock brakes, premier discount, and multi-policy.
If you need , ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Valley.
The method we recommend to get rate comparisons is to take advantage of the fact car insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details including whether or not you need a SR-22, which vehicles you own, whether you are married, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your details is sent automatically to many highly-rated insurers and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
You can find cheaper coverage
More affordable auto insurance can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell through independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.