Comparing Easley car insurance rates online can be difficult if you’re new to online price comparisons. But relax because online price shopping is actually quite simple.
Finding the lowest cost car insurance in Easley is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, every driver who is shopping for car insurance most likely will be able to save money. But South Carolina vehicle owners can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies price online insurance because it can help you find the best coverage.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower car insurance prices.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both have accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in determining your rates. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. So if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, vandalism, or theft. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more expense you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are many extra bells and whistles that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Car features impact rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like lawyers, executives and stock brokers tend to pay the highest rates in part from high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Auto insurance companies in South Carolina generally give discounts to policyholders who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Low Cost Easley Car Insurance
All the larger car insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive give price estimates online. The process is fairly straightforward as you just enter your required coverages as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, the system collects your driving and credit reports and provides a quote.
Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the work required to visit multiple sites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to get better car insurance pricing.
There is a better way to compare rates
The preferred way to find better car insurance pricing utilizes a single form to get prices from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much simpler. After sending your information, it is rated and you can select any or none of the quote results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out how much you can save on car insurance, click here to open in a new tab and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you input the insurance coverages as shown on your current policy. Doing this assures you will get rate comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Ads can be misleading
Companies like Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the ads say the same thing that you’ll save big if you change your policy. How do they all claim to save you money?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a desirable insured might be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and has great credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why drivers should get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but some must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house in Easley can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Easley, click this link.
Buying car insurance locally
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Easley.
Upon completion of this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no reason to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How’s that for easy! You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you’re trying to find local Easley agents, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents to choose from. Easley agents are either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company but rather can write business with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Easley that are able to give price quote information.
- Glasby Insurance Inc – 1723 E Main St – Easley, SC 29640 – (864) 859-3414
- Sherry Watkins Grant Insurance – 6728 Calhoun Memorial Hwy – Easley, SC 29640 – (864) 859-3933
- Bsi Agency – 107 David St – Easley, SC 29640 – (864) 855-4887
- Hagood Agency Inc – 539 S Pendleton St – Easley, SC 29640 – (864) 859-4228
- R Carl Byars Agency Inc – 129 E 1st Ave – Easley, SC 29640 – (864) 859-4091
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captive agents are trained well on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Shown below are captive insurance agencies in Easley who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance – 7104 Calhoun Memorial Hwy – Easley, SC 29640 – (864) 859-3985
- State Farm Insurance – 838 Powdersville Rd # P – Easley, SC 29642 – (864) 859-9495
For a complete listing of captive agents in Easley, visit this site.
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in South Carolina?
- How long has their agency been open in Easley?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
Upon getting acceptable answers to these questions as well as a affordable price, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that can properly insure your vehicles.
Additional car insurance information can be read on the South Carolina Department of Insurance website found here. Consumers can discover disciplinary actions, find out which companies have the most complaints, and view agent and company licensing information.
Buy online or local, you save
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, high prices, being labeled a high risk driver or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is less work than it seems.
You just read a lot of ways to lower your car insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies.