Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced auto insurance? Trust us, there are many people just like you. Drivers have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a choice, it makes it harder to get the best deal.
It’s important to compare rates yearly due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best rates six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Finding affordable coverage in North Providence is not that difficult. If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Rhode Island vehicle owners just need to understand the most effective way to shop for auto insurance online.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so we break down both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Accident Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
Free North Providence Auto Insurance Quotes
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be challenging if you aren’t aware of the easiest way. You can spend countless hours talking about coverages with insurance agencies in North Providence, or you can utilize online quotes to maximize your effort.
Many insurance companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers send in one quote, and at least one company then returns a price quote determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is that you can’t choose which providers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of companies who write auto insurance in Rhode Island. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using exactly the same information for every company. If you are comparing higher or lower deductibles it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best in North Providence.
How your North Providence rates are determined
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine your auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most auto insurance companies provide better rates to people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but men cause more damage. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Too many auto insurance claims drive up costs – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Rhode Island award lower rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping auto theft.
- Performance influences rates – The performance of the car you own makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Low performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Comparing rates from local agents
Some consumers prefer to talk to a local agent. Educated insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find better rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in North Providence who will compete for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How’s that for easy!
Selecting an provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent should have no problem answering these questions:
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
What types of auto insurance agents are in North Providence?
When looking for a good North Providence insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies in North Providence are classified as either captive or independent (non-captive). Both types can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning how they differ because it can influence the type of agent you choose
Captive agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with lots of companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing rates, you should always include at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.
Below are independent insurance agents in North Providence that can give you rate quotes.
Stop and Save Insurance – 1115 Mineral Spring Ave – North Providence, RI 02904 – (401) 722-9985
A R Bucci Insurance – 1900 Mineral Spring Ave – North Providence, RI 02904 – (401) 354-8700
B K Agency Inc – 1598 Smith St # 1 – North Providence, RI 02911 – (401) 353-4000
Leo Nadeau and Agency – 1528 Mineral Spring Ave – North Providence, RI 02904 – (401) 421-9400
To view a full list of auto insurance agents in North Providence, please view this page.
Once you have positive responses to these questions and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
More quotes mean more savings
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost auto insurance is attainable both online and with local North Providence insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To find out more about Rhode Island auto insurance
More detailed Rhode Island auto insurance information is located at the Rhode Island Division of Insurance Regulation website. Rhode Island consumers can read consumer alerts, report car insurance fraud, and download brochures.