Saving money on East Providence auto insurance is a challenge for consumers new to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become a real hassle to compare prices in East Providence.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons quite often since insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best rates six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding auto insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you some excellent ideas to find cheap auto insurance.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Pricing affordable coverage in East Providence is easy if you know what you’re doing. Rhode Island consumers just need to learn how to buy auto insurance online.
East Providence Auto Insurance Prices Online
Getting a lower price on insurance can be relatively painless. Just invest a little time to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The best way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. A single form gets you price quotes direct from many companies. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- Another way to find lower rates is to manually visit the website of each company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, Allstate and Farmers. To get each rate you have to take the time to go to each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in East Providence, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples coverage limits for each comparison quote. If each company quotes mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison in East Providence.
Don’t overlook these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some must be manually applied before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying auto insurance.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a home in East Providence may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in East Providence, click here.
What impacts East Providence insurance rates?
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- High performance equals high price – The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your rates. Economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Drive less and save money – The higher the mileage driven in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some companies will give a discount to policyholders who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Being married can save on auto insurance – Having a spouse can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your by repairing your credit. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving without insurance is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will rates go up, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Rhode Island motor vehicle department.
More information is available on the Rhode Island Division of Insurance Regulation website found here. Consumers can file complaints about a company, view agent and company licensing information, and find out industry alerts.
Quote more, save more
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or an unsatisfactory settlement offer. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost auto insurance is available both online and with local East Providence insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.