Searching for cheaper Jamestown auto insurance over the internet is rather difficult for people that are not comfortable with quoting and comparison shopping online. Since there are so many companies in the marketplace, how are people expected to possibly compare them all to find the best available price?
It’s a good habit to quote other rates on a regular basis because prices fluctuate regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best quotes a year ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the right way to lower your annual insurance bill.
This article will help educate you on how to effectively get price quotes. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Rhode Island drivers just need to learn the most effective way to shop over the internet.
Finding a lower price on insurance is actually quite simple. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes to find. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Experts agree that the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This style of form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests to each individual auto insurance company. One form submission gets you price quotes from several companies. This is by far the quickest method.
- A more time consuming way to compare rate quotes requires visiting the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s assume you want rates from Geico, Allstate and GMAC. You would have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which can get old fast. For a list of companies in Jamestown, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but make sure you are using the same deductibles and coverage limits with every price quote. If each company quotes differing limits it’s not possible to determine the best price in Jamestown.
Discounts to earn lower Jamestown auto insurance rates
Some insurers don’t necessarily list every possible discount very clearly, so below is a list a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to sucessfully take a drivers education course if offered at their school.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a .
- Theft Deterent Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and will qualify for a discount on a .
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Smart Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a . You can use this discount normally until age 25.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for anti-theft, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, drive less, and teen safety rewards.
- American Family may offer discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, mySafetyValet, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver
- Geico offers discounts including military active duty, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, membership and employees, federal employee, and driver training.
- The Hartford has discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, air bag, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
If you want , ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be offered on policies in every state. For a list of companies who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Rhode Island, click here.
Six tips to get lower Jamestown auto insurance prices
It’s important that you understand some of the factors that go into determining the level of your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get big savings.
- Do safer cars cost less to insure? – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates.
- Obey driving laws and save – Being a careful driver has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Having just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find they need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
- Cheap rates for being claim-free – Insurance companies in Rhode Island award the best rates to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Car insurance liability protection limits – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most larger auto insurance companies give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a fast way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers in Rhode Island get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the best car insurance rates from companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the ads try to convey promises about how much you will save if you move your coverage to them.
That’s great but how can every company lower your car insurance rates? It’s all in how they say it.
Many companies offer their best rates for a prospective insured that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be over the age of 40, has a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who may not quite match the requirements may receive higher rates which translates to the prospect going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote.
This really illustrates why you really need to compare quotes as often as possible. It is just not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Lower rates by being persistent
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium or even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
We covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting . Drivers may discover the lowest rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
When you , don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More information can be found on the Rhode Island Division of Insurance Regulation website. Click here for link. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, read state legal mandates and laws, learn about specific coverages, and view a list of available companies.
These articles may also be worth reading.