I can’t think of anyone who likes having to buy car insurance, especially when they know it costs too dang much. Companies like GEICO and Progressive increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
You need to quote other rates quite often because car insurance prices go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the lowest price six months ago there may be better deals available now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance on the internet, but I’m going to show you some guaranteed methods to find cheap car insurance.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these methods. Finding affordable coverage in Cornelius is not that difficult. But North Carolina car owners benefit from understanding the way insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Car insurance companies offer money-saving discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could mean lower prices.
- Theft Deterent – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Cornelius Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
You can save money using discounts, but most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the discounts are:
- 21st Century may include discounts for theft prevention, automatic seat belts, student driver, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and anti-theft.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, newly married, safety features, and hybrid vehicle.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, and multi-policy.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in Cornelius.
Most larger insurance companies provide price estimates from their websites. Getting online quotes is possible for anyone as all you need to do is type in the coverages you want into the form. Once you submit the form, the system collects your driving record and credit report and generates a price based on many factors. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms is a big time waster. But it’s absolutely necessary to do this in order to find better car insurance pricing.
A better way to lower your rates utilizes a single form that obtains quotes from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes quoting online much more efficient. Once the form is submitted, it is quoted and you can select your choice of the returned quotes.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
In order to compare rates using this form now, click here and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy coverages and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Insurance agents can help
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in North Carolina?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- How much liability coverage do I need in North Carolina?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in North Carolina?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Best coverage at the best price
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you a lot of information how to lower your car insurance premium rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.