I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy auto insurance, especially knowing their premiums are too high.
Big companies like GEICO, Progressive and Allstate constantly blast consumers with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes yearly since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best price last year other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding auto insurance on the internet, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn some tested techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these techniques. Choosing the best insurance company for you in Buckhannon is not that difficult. Nevertheless, West Virginia drivers can benefit by having an understanding of the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Comparison of Auto Insurance in Buckhannon, West Virginia
The are a couple different ways of comparing price quotes from local in Buckhannon, West Virginiaauto insurance companies. The best method to find the lowest rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to compare a lot of rates at once is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This method keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Just one form will return price quotes .
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates is going to each company’s website to complete their respective quote request forms. For example, we’ll assume you want rates from USAA, GEICO and State Farm. To get each rate you have to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Buckhannon, click here.
- The least efficient method to get comparison rates is driving around to different Buckhannon agent offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the trained guidance of a local Buckhannon agent. Drivers can comparison shop online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using identical coverages for every company. If you use differing limits you will not be able to make a fair comparison in Buckhannon. Quoting even small variations in limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less than drivers with accidents.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To choose companies with the best auto insurance discounts in West Virginia, click this link.
Find out more about auto insurance
More information can be found on the website for the West Virginia Insurance Commission found here. West Virginia drivers can get help finding coverage, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, discover disciplinary actions, and view a list of available companies.