Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? You’re in the same situation as the majority of other car owners in Oklahoma.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the lowest price
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons quite often since rates change quite often. Just because you had the lowest rates last year you can probably find a better price now. Starting right now, ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use the internet to save on auto insurance.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost in Sand Springs, OK
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The simplest method to find the lowest rates is to use the internet to compare rates. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The most efficient way to get quotes for comparison is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This form eliminates the need for separate quotes for each company. One quote request will get you rate comparisons from multiple companies.
- A different way to compare prices requires you to visit the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For example, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Allstate, GEICO and Liberty Mutual. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker.
For a list of links to companies insuring cars in Sand Springs, click here.
- The least efficient method to get comparison rates is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the trained guidance of a local agent. It is possible to price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll touch on that later.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but compare exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to find the best deal in Sand Springs. Slightly different coverages could mean much higher rates. Just keep in mind that quoting more will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Buy online or local, you save
Discount auto insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Sand Springs agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
We just presented many ideas to lower your auto insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.