No normal person is fond of buying car insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. Due to the increasing number of different company options, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the most affordable insurer.
Consumers need to quote other rates periodically because car insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the lowest rates at your last renewal there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Shopping for affordable car insurance in York is simple if you know the tricks. Basically, every vehicle owner who shops for car insurance should be able to lower their premiums. But South Carolina drivers should learn how big insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Get cheaper South Carolina car insurance quotes with discounts
Some providers do not advertise every disount available very well, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles may enable drivers to earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- College Student – who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a house in York can save you money because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Club Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations may earn a discount on your policy.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Signing – Some companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger insurance carriers have better rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, and accident-free.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, multi-car, type of vehicle, and good driver.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, accident-free, business or organization, and defensive driving.
- Geico discounts include defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, good student, and membership and employees.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, education and occupation, good student, pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies how many discounts you can get. Savings might not apply in your area.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rates is to know the trick most of the bigger providers participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including driver ages, types of safety features, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, and if you are currently licensed. That rating information is submitted instantly to multiple top-rated companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To find lower rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Smart consumers know how to buy car insurance for less
Lots of things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
- Why do you need liability insurance? – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Many insurance companies will award better rates to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Females tend to cost less – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women get in fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- Having a spouse is a good thing – Having a spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in York?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Persistence pays off
Lower-priced car insurance can be found online and from local agencies, so get from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
When searching for , it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. Too many times, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
For more information
Additional information can be read on the website for the South Carolina Department of Insurance. Click here for link. Consumers can learn about insurance regulations, read consumer alerts, find out which companies have the most complaints, and find out industry alerts.
Other related articles: