I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when the cost is too high. Drivers have so many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, having more insurance companies makes it harder to find the lowest rates.
The fastest way that we advise to compare policy rates utilizes the fact car insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with free rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide details like if you are currently licensed, the type of vehicles you drive, marital status, and if the vehicle is leased. Your information is instantly sent to multiple different insurance companies and you will receive price estimates instantly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and enter your coverage details.
Drivers who switch save $482 a year? Really?
Consumers in Virginia can’t avoid all the ads that claim the lowest prices by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to make an identical promise that drivers will save a bundle if you change your policy.
How can each company cost less than your current company? Just pay attention to how they say it.
Insurance providers give the best rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer should be between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. Any person who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Consumers who do not fit this ideal profile will have to pay higher rates which translates to business going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers that switch” not “all people who quote” can get the lowest rates when switching. That’s the way companies can state the savings.
This really emphasizes why drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which company will have the best car insurance rates for your profile.
More affordable rates by receiving discounts
Companies don’t list every available discount very well, so the below list has some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up before your current policy expires. It could save around 10% when you .
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to look at driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Online Discount – A few larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance has savings for electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, business and professional, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, student away at school, anti-theft, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, claim-free, good student, multi-policy, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
If you need , ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in every state. To locate insurers who offer cheap auto insurance quotes in Farmville, click here.
Compare prices or from insurance agents
Many people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Good agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Farmville.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Farmville who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you. If for some reason you want to quote rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Below are agents in Farmville that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Hubbard-Lash Insurance – 105 N Main St, Farmville, VA 23901 – (434) 392-4148
Harwood & Son Insurance – 1404 S Main St, Farmville, VA 23901 – (434) 392-5405
State Farm Insurance – 217 E 3rd St # B, Farmville, VA 23901 – (434) 392-4357
Farm Bureau Insurance – 1701 E 3rd St, Farmville, VA 23901 – (434) 392-3050
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Any agent should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Which family members are covered?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
More information is available on the found here. Virginia consumers can read consumer alerts, file complaints about a company, and report car insurance fraud.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Budget-friendly auto insurance is possible from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.