If you are a novice to online car insurance shopping, you can be overwhelmed due to the large selection local agents and online companies all claiming to have the lowest rates.
It’s a good idea to compare rates every six months because car insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best price a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
The purpose of this article is to teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. But Mississippi consumers need to learn the methods companies use to compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Booneville car insurance costs are influenced by these factors
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower rates.
- Bundle policies and save money – Lots of companies give a discount to people who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to as much as ten percent or more If you currently are using one company, you may still want to compare other insurance prices to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save even more than the discount by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Premiums and occupation – Occupations such as lawyers, executives and stock brokers generally have higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations like actors, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Better car insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft.
- Too many policy claims will drive premiums up – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims don’t be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Mississippi award better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Teenagers vs. older drivers – Older insureds are more cautious drivers, cost insurance companies less in claims and receive fewer citations.Teen drivers are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Don’t cut corners with liability – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Premiums are affected by your credit history – Your credit score factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating could use some work, you may save money insuring your vehicle by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit.
When looking for , there are a couple ways of comparing rate quotes from local Booneville car insurance companies. The recommended way to find cheaper rates involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done by using one of the methods below.
- If you are pressed for time, the simplest way to get quotes for comparison is an all-inclusive rate comparison like this one (opens in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for each price estimate. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes direct from many companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates is to take the time to go to the website for every company you want to comare and repeat the quote process. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Allstate, Safeco and State Farm. In order to get each rate, you would have to go to each individual site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in Booneville, click here.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended way to shop rates is driving around to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. It is possible with some companies price shop your coverage online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Compare rates however you want, just ensure you’re using the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote you get. If you enter mixed coverages you will not be able to make a fair rate comparison in Booneville. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
Save 15 percent in 15 minutes? Is it for real?
Car insurance providers like State Farm, Geico and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching to them. How can each company offer you a better deal? You have to listen carefully.
Companies have underwriting criteria for a prospective insured that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured should be over the age of 45, carries high limits, and does not commute to work. A propective insured that meets those criteria will get low rates and as a result will probably save some money.
Consumers who fall short of those standards will get higher premiums which translates to the customer not buying. The trick companies use is to say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently lure you into getting a quote.
Because of this risk profiling, it’s extremely important to compare often. Because you cannot predict which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Discount Booneville car insurance quotes
Car insurance is expensive, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px;" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-43.jpg" alt="Booneville Mississippi car insurance prices”/>
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% depending on your car insurance provider.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may receive a slight reduction on a .
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems have a lower chance of being stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- E-sign – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply the the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will help lower your premiums.
Auto insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts might not apply in Booneville. For a list of insurers with the best car insurance discounts in Mississippi, click here.
Can’t I compare prices from local Booneville insurance agencies?
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is especially important in Booneville.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Booneville that give free quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you can always jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a local Booneville insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either captive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with small mutual carriers which may have better rates.
Below is a partial list of independent agencies in Booneville that can give you free rate quotes.
- Hester Insurance – 111 W College St – Booneville, MS 38829 – (662) 728-7163
- Tri-State Insurance – 208 S 2nd St – Booneville, MS 38829 – (662) 728-0092
Captive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be captive generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. These agents are trained well on their company’s products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from captive agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Booneville that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance Office – 512 N 2nd St – Booneville, MS 38829 – (662) 720-1112
- State Farm Insurance – 307 W College St – Booneville, MS 38829 – (662) 728-9595
To see available insurance agencies near you, here is a full listing of Booneville Mississippi car insurance providers.
Choosing an car insurance agent requires more thought than just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Booneville?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
Much more information about car insurance in Mississippi can be found on the located here. Visitors are able to find disaster information, find out which companies have the most complaints, download brochures, and find out industry alerts.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Cheaper car insurance can be bought both online in addition to many Booneville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on car insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding . Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a small mutual company.