Comparison shopping for cheaper Douglas car insurance may be quite difficult for drivers who are beginners to quoting coverage prices online. With such a large choice of insurance companies available, it can easily turn into hard work to find better prices.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons every six months since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rate at your last renewal you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to learn one of the easiest ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Don’t overlook these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a .
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Memberships – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when getting a .
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To choose car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Georgia, click this link.
Finding more affordable car insurance quotes is a fairly straight forward process. All that’s required is to invest a few minutes comparing price quotes to discover which company has . This can be accomplished by using one of the methods below.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions to each individual car insurance company. One quote request will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- A different way to analyze rates requires a trip to each company website and request a quote. For example, we’ll pretend you want to view quotes from USAA, Geico and State Farm. You would have to take the time to go to each site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is why first method is reommended.
For a list of links to insurance companies in Douglas, click here.
- The least recommended way to get rate quotes is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this unnecessary unless you have a need for the professional advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent.
You can use whichever method you prefer to find lower rates, just be sure you’re using apples-to-apples coverages with each company. If you compare mixed coverages it’s impossible to get a fair rate comparison in Douglas.
Premium influencing factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower car insurance prices. Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or your commute time.
- Certain employers pay higher rates – Jobs like military personnel, business owners and medical professionals have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, jobs like actors, students and retirees pay lower than average rates.
- Better prices for no policy lapses – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Only buy what you need – Policies have optional add-on coverages you can purchase on your policy. Coverages like coverage for rental cars, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Men pay more for auto insurance – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders are in fender benders in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Amount of liability – The liability section of your policy will provide protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Performance impacts insurance costs – The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Local Douglas insurance agencies
Certain consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Douglas that provide for your business. You don’t have to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Picking an provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Listed below is a list of car insurance companies in Douglas that can give you price quotes.
- State Farm Insurance – 1410 Baker Hwy W, Douglas, GA 31533 – (912) 384-2383
- Dewayne Hutcheson Insurance – 517 Peterson Ave S, Douglas, GA 31533 – (912) 384-1546
- David Vickers Insurance – 805 Peterson Ave N # A, Douglas, GA 31533 – (912) 384-1940
If you wish to find Douglas insurance agents, visit this directory of Douglas Georgia insurance agencies.
After getting good responses and a good coverage price, you’ve probably found an provider that is a good match to insure your vehicles.
Summing up your car insurance search
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Douglas agents, so you need to with both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
More tips and info about car insurance is available at the Georgia Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner website. Georgia consumers can discover disciplinary actions, read consumer alerts, get help finding coverage, and file complaints about a company.
Other related articles: