Nobody likes paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high. Companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it can be hard to sift through the bull and do the work needed to find the best deal.
These factors can influence what you pay for Dodge Avenger insurance
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – The liability section of your policy provides coverage if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Older drivers pay less – Youthful drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Dodge Avenger earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for auto insurance? Jobs such as judges, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from job stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as pilots, engineers and homemakers get better rates on Avenger insurance.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. It translates into being more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
How to Get Auto Insurance Comparison Quotes
Getting a cheaper price on Dodge Avenger insurance isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is take time comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This type of form saves time by eliminating separate forms for each company. One form submission will get you rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A more time consuming way to shop for auto insurance online requires a visit to the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Esurance and Travelers. You would have to visit each site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using apples-to-apples deductibles and coverage limits for each price quote. If each company quotes different liability limits it’s impossible to find the best deal for your Dodge Avenger.
Don’t listen to company ads
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to have a common claim that you can save if you switch to their company.
How can each company make the same claim? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a profitable customer might be over the age of 50, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who don’t meet these standards will have to pay a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s the way companies can truthfully claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which auto insurance company will fit your personal profile best.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off on Avenger insurance depending on your company.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When buying the best auto insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help highlight if you may require specific advice.
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- What are no-fault laws?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Summing up your auto insurance search
Lower-priced Dodge Avenger insurance can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.