Purchasing the lowest cost Gautier car insurance on the internet may be rather challenging for consumers new to buying insurance on the web. When there are so many choices, how can you have a chance to compare every company to locate the best available price?
It is always a good idea to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because rates change quite often. If you had the lowest rates on your last policy there may be better deals available now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
The purpose of this post is to tell you the best way to quote coverages. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Nevertheless, Mississippi vehicle owners need to learn how companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
How to Get Car Insurance in Gautier
There are multiple methods to compare car insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a lot of time talking to local insurance agents in Gautier, or you can utilize online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
All the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to only type in their quote data once, and each participating company returns a rated price determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each individual car insurance company. To compare rates now click here to open in new window.
The single downside to using this type of form is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies you want to price. If you would rather choose specific providers to request quotes from, we put together a list of companies who write car insurance in Mississippi. Click here for list of insurance companies in Mississippi.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make sure you use identical coverages for each comparison quote. If you have higher or lower deductibles you will not be able to determine the best price in Gautier. Just a small difference in limits may result in large price differences. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about before they will apply.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your premiums.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is you may find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in Gautier.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Gautier who will compete for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to drive around since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It doesn’t get any easier! You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Captive or Independent: There is a difference
When searching for a good Gautier insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures to choose from. Agents are categorized either captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the best comparison.Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Gautier that are able to give price quote information.
- Fred Price Jr Insurance – 1435 Highway 90 – Gautier, MS 39553 – (228) 497-2757
- Coastal Insurance Assoc LTD – 1212 Highway 90 – Gautier, MS 39553 – (228) 497-9751
- Estis Agency – 4341 Gautier Vancleave Rd # 2 – Gautier, MS 39553 – (228) 497-1178
Captive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Captive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following are captive insurance agents in Gautier willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm Insurance – 1408 Highway 90 # 3 – Gautier, MS 39553 – (228) 497-5904
For a full directory of captive agents in Gautier, simply jump to this page.
Deciding on an insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How are they compensated?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How are claims handled?
After getting answers to your satisfaction and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance.
Why you might pay higher rates in Gautier
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining car insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors companies use to determine rates.
- The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance of the car you drive makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The lowest rates tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are many extra coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them remove them from your policy.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, policy non-renewal, poor customer service or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
More sites with car insurance information
More information is located on the Mississippi Insurance Department website located here. Mississippi drivers can report car insurance fraud, learn about specific coverages, and find disaster information.
Additional helpful sites include III.org’s auto insurance page and this link where you can make Gautier car insurance comparisons.