I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high. Companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
It is always a good idea to do rate comparisons every six months because prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the best rates in Hopkinsville is easy if you know what you’re doing. Kentucky drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to find the lowest price online.
Fast and Easy Hopkinsville Auto Insurance Quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies provide pricing on the web. Getting online quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just enter into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system sends out for your driving and credit reports and generates pricing information. Online quotes makes comparing rates easy, but having to visit many different websites and fill out multiple forms can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find a lower rate.
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices requires only one form to get prices from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable. After sending your information, your coverage is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any one of the pricing results.
If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. The whole process only takes a few minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To get comparison pricing now, click here and input your coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will have rate quotes for similar coverage.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- No Charge for an Accident – A handful of insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
To choose insurance companies with discount auto insurance rates in Kentucky, click here to view.
Educated Consumers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance Cheaper
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Don’t sacrifice liability coverage – Liability coverage is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Traffic violations increase rates – A bad driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. If you have dangerous violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most companies give discounts to customers who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Where you live can impact rates – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated Kentucky areas have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
But buying car insurance online seems impersonal
Some people prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for small agencies is important particularly in Hopkinsville.
After completing this simple form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. How’s that for easy!
Different types of Hopkinsville auto insurance agents
When searching for a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Agents are categorized either captive or independent. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can impact your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company but instead can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you contact several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Hopkinsville willing to provide price quote information.
Raymond Nelson Insurance – 1102 E 21st St – Hopkinsville, KY 42240 – (270) 885-1800
Direct General Ins Agency – 2210 Fort Campbell Blvd – Hopkinsville, KY 42240 – (270) 885-2100
Tom C Jones Agency Inc – 912 S Main St – Hopkinsville, KY 42240 – (270) 885-5321
Affordable Insurance – 1211 Skyline Dr – Hopkinsville, KY 42240 – (270) 889-0084
Captive agencies are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are trained well on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Below are Hopkinsville captive insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
State Farm Insurance – 117 Susan Ave – Hopkinsville, KY 42240 – (270) 885-2230
Allstate Insurance – 2703 Fort Campbell Blvd – Hopkinsville, KY 42240 – (270) 707-9900
Farm Bureau Insurance – 215 E 21st St – Hopkinsville, KY 42240 – (270) 886-5434
For a complete listing of auto insurance agents in Hopkinsville, please view this page.
Choosing a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- How long has their agency been open in Hopkinsville?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
After getting satisfactory answers to any questions you have and an acceptable price quote, it’s possible that you found an insurance agency that can properly insure your vehicles.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Kentucky?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Kentucky?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
More information can be found on the website for the Kentucky Department of Insurance found here. Kentucky drivers can discover disciplinary actions, view a list of available companies, and file complaints about a company.
More comparisons equals lower rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance can be sourced on the web in addition to many Hopkinsville insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.