No one looks forward to buying auto insurance, in particular when the cost is too high.
You have multiple insurers to choose from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
This information will teach you how to get online quotes. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to reduce your rates substantially using these tips. But Ohio drivers do need to understand the way companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Comprehensive Elyria Auto Insurance Comparison
Most companies provide insurance quotes online. Getting quotes is fairly straightforward as you simply enter your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. Behind the scenes, the system will order your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time it takes to visit multiple sites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to get the lowest price.
The smarter way to compare rates requires only one form to get prices from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, it gets priced and you are able to buy your choice of the quotes that you receive.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and can result in significant savings.
To get comparison pricing now, click here and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will get a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited.
- Defensive Driver – Taking a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers with the best auto insurance discounts in Elyria, click here.
What about my local Elyria agents?
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Elyria.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. How cool is that?! You can find better rates and work with a local agent.
If you want to select a specific agent in Elyria, simply jump to this page.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Upon getting good answers for all questions you ask and locked in a price quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
Additional information is available on the website for the Ohio Department of Insurance through this link. Ohio consumers can learn about insurance regulations, get help finding coverage, and report car insurance fraud.
Other related articles:
Summing up your auto insurance search
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost auto insurance is attainable both online as well as from independent agents in Elyria, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented many ways to shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.