Having to pay for high-priced car insurance can dwindle your accounts and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a rate analysis is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
People have many insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s nice to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
Buying car insurance in Jefferson City is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using these methods. Tennessee vehicle owners just need to know how to shop for car insurance over the internet.
The easiest way to compare rates is to know the fact most of the larger companies will pay a fee to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is give them some information including daily mileage, your job, driver details, and if you lease or own. That information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes instantly.
To compare multiple company rates now, click here then complete the form.
More affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save you some money since newer models are generally safer.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may enable drivers to earn cheaper rates.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
To see a list of car insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts in Jefferson City, follow this link.
Six factors that affect insurance rates
Many things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but others are less apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that aid in calculating your premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates.
- Are females or males drivers cheaper? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men tend to have higher claims. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Discounts for married couples – Being married may cut your premiums compared to being single. It may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- How much liability insurance – The liability section of your policy kicks in if ever you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Drivers with excellent credit save – A driver’s credit score is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings. If your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your vehicle by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Filing car insurance claims can cost you – Companies in Tennessee give discounts to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Incidental coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t diligent. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. They may seem good at first, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Additional detailed information is available at the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance website. Tennessee drivers can report car insurance fraud, find out industry alerts, read consumer alerts, and read state legal mandates and laws.
The following articles may also be useful.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads that promise big savings for switching by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all state the claim of big savings if you get a free and switch your policy.
That’s great but how can every company lower your premium rates? It’s all in how they say it.
All companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest auto insurance rates and therefore will save money with a new company.
Potential customers who fall outside those standards will be quoted a more expensive rate and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because of this risk profiling, you need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which company will be your best fit.
One last thing
When getting , it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-conscious car insurance can be found both online in addition to many Jefferson City insurance agents, so get from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.