Finding might seem complicated at first if you are a beginner to online price comparisons. But don’t be overwhelmed because we’re going to show you how.
It’s important to compare premium rates yearly because prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the best rate at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to compare Middletown auto insurance rate quotes
The are a couple different ways to compare prices from lots of Kentucky auto insurance companies. The best method to find the cheapest insurance rates is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Experts agree that the best way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for separate quotes to each individual auto insurance company. A single, simple form gets insurance cost estimates from all major companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A harder way to shop for auto insurance online requires you to visit the website for each individual company and repeat the quote process again and again. For example, we’ll pretend you want to see prices from Nationwide, Farmers and Travelers. You would need to navigate to each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to insurance companies in Middletown, click here.
- The most difficult method to get comparison rates is driving to and from local Middletown insurance agencies. Quoting online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the trained advice only provided by licensed Middletown agents. It is possible to comparison shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just be sure to compare identical quote information for each comparison quote. If you enter different data it will be very difficult to determine the best price in Middletown. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages or limits can make a big difference in price. And when quoting auto insurance, remember that getting more free quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable insurance.
Drivers can save with these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable their company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course in high school.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above include:
If you need , ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To view insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Middletown, follow this link.
Buying auto insurance from Middletown insurance agencies
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting neighborhood agents is still important in Middletown.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is sent to companies in Middletown who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to your email. You’ll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
The difference between Middletown auto insurance agents
If you want to buy auto insurance from a good Middletown insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent or captive.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also write with smaller regional carriers which can be an advantage.
Captive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be captive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Captive agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Captives receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to choose to use a captive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Middletown willing to provide price quote information.
- Farm Bureau Insurance – 330 S Evergreen Rd – Middletown, KY 40243 – (502) 253-0200
- State Farm Insurance – 11501 Main St – Middletown, KY 40243 – (502) 244-0271
To locate insurance agencies near you, link to this page of Middletown Kentucky insurance agents.
Selecting a insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Auto insurance can get complicated
When buying adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- What happens if I owe more than my vehicle is worth?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my vehicle?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Reduce Your Rates with these tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that could result in cheaper rates.
- Careless drivers pay higher costs – How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who have multiple tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are for economy passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- A policy lapse can increase auto insurance rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Kentucky DMV.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to spend if you file a covered claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Liability insurance is critical – Liability coverage will provide protection if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Your spouse saves you money – Being married may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- When should you file a policy claims? – If you tend to file frequent claims, don’t be surprised to see increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Companies in Kentucky give most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Many insurance companies provide discounts to insureds that have more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save even more by splitting coverages up.
A tidy conclusion
Lower-priced auto insurance can be found both online and from local agencies, so get from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
You just read some good ideas how you can shop for auto insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a small mutual company.
Online resources for education
More information can be read on the website for the Kentucky Department of Insurance found here. Visitors are able to read industry bulletins, file complaints about a company, find a variety of consumer forms, and get help finding coverage.
Other related articles: