Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance can take a big chunk out of your checking account and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing price quotes is a great way to lower your monthly bill.
Numerous insurers battle for your business, so it’s not easy to compare every provider to find the lowest cost out there.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. Finding affordable coverage in Pleasant Prairie is quite easy. But Wisconsin car owners need to have an understanding of how the larger insurance companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Compare Quotes for Pleasant Prairie Auto Insurance
The are a couple different ways to compare rate quotes from local in Pleasant Prairieauto insurance companies. The quickest method to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for every auto insurance company. A single, simple form will return price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online requires a trip to the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s say you want to compare Auto-Owners, Farmers and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in Pleasant Prairie, click here.
- The least efficient way to get comparison rates is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you have a need for the professional advice that only a license agent can provide. You can, however, comparison shop your insurance online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing identical coverage limits for each price quote. If you compare higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to make a fair comparison in Pleasant Prairie. Slightly different coverage limits could mean much higher rates. And when comparing auto insurance rates, know that getting more free quotes helps locate a better price.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your policy.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Pleasant Prairie, click here to view.
Your local neighborhood insurance agent
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and that is just fine! The best thing about price shopping on the web is you may find the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Pleasant Prairie.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Pleasant Prairie who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent directly to your email. It doesn’t get any easier! Get lower rates AND a local agent.
If you want to view licensed agents in Pleasant Prairie, simply jump to this page.
Selecting an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Wisconsin?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
Once you have good answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurer that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Wisconsin?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Save Money with These Tips
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- With age comes lower rates – Youthful drivers in Wisconsin tend to get distracted easily behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a youthful driver to your auto insurance policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers are more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your by improving your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Make sure your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Too many auto insurance claims drive up costs – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Wisconsin generally give discounts to people who do not file claims often. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Discounts for married couples – Having a spouse can actually save you money on auto insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying auto insurance. Fewer people means fewer accidents. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more change of being in an accident.
Compare but don’t skimp
Cheaper auto insurance is available on the web as well as from independent agents in Pleasant Prairie, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Learn more about auto insurance in Wisconsin
Additional auto insurance information can be read on the website for the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance found here. Consumers can find a variety of consumer forms, download brochures, and get help finding coverage.