Searching for the cheapest Chino Valley car insurance on the internet can be challenging for consumers not familiar with online price comaprisons. Since there are so many choices, how can you effectively compare every company to locate the lowest price available?
You should take the time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best price last year the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So just block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Make smart decisions and save
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of insurance companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Never go without insurance – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit history is a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
How to Buy Chino Valley Car Insurance Online
All major car insurance companies quote insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting online rates is quite simple as you just type in the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, the company’s rating system sends out for your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote determined by many factors.
Quoting online streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to compare as many rates as possible in order to find the best price possible.
The smarter way to locate the lowest prices uses one form to obtain quotes from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes comparison shopping much more enjoyable. After sending the form, it gets priced and you can select your choice of the pricing results.
If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to find out what other companies charge, click here to open in new window and input your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter the coverages as shown on your current policy. This guarantees you will get a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
Drivers who switch save $457 a year? Really?
Progressive, Allstate and GEICO regularly use ads in print and on television. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you move your policy. How does each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk might be a mature driver, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who don’t qualify for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher prices and this can result in the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can state the savings.<img class="alignright" style="padding-top:15px" src="https://www.carinsurancediy.com/wp-content/uploads/ci175-16.jpg" alt="lower rates in Chino Valley AZ” />
Because of the profiling, it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Drivers Education – Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts in Chino Valley, follow this link.
Compare online but buy from a local Chino Valley agent
Some consumers would rather get advice from a local agent. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Chino Valley.
Upon completion of this short form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Chino Valley who will return price quotes for your coverage. There is no need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. How’s that for easy! Get lower rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Independent or Captive: It’s your choice
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Chino Valley are either captive or independent (non-captive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Chino Valley that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Champ Insurance Svc – 1780 N US Highway 89 – Chino Valley, AZ 86323 – (928) 636-2700
- Jim Moll Agency – 318 W Perkinsville Rd # 10 – Chino Valley, AZ 86323 – (928) 778-6683
- Jim Moll Insurance – 318 W Perkinsville Rd # 10 – Chino Valley, AZ 86323 – (928) 636-8150
Captive insurance agents work for only one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from captive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are captive insurance agents in Chino Valley willing to provide price quotes.
- American Family Insurance – 950 S US Highway 89 – Chino Valley, AZ 86323 – (928) 636-8593
- Hubble State Farm – 1596 N Susan A Williams Way – Chino Valley, AZ 86323 – (928) 636-3377
To view a complete directory of captive agencies in Chino Valley, please view this page.
Selecting an auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If they are an independent agency, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
Once you have received acceptable answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that will properly service your car insurance policy.
More information can be found on the Arizona Department of Insurance website located here. Consumers can view a list of available companies, read enforcement actions against agents and companies, and discover disciplinary actions.
In the end, you save
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered many ideas to save on car insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Affordable car insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Chino Valley agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.