Vehicle owners that are new to comparing insurance rates on the web will discover buying is not as easy as it seems.
You should take the time to take a look at other company’s rates before your policy renews because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best deal at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we’re going to show you the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding the best rates in Purcellville is not that difficult. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using this information. Nevertheless, Virginia car owners do need to know the way insurance companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Take policy discounts and save
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some need to be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to track driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. This can save 10% or more.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Active Military Service – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better prices.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it’s just not the way it works.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for daytime running lights, defensive driver, anti-theft, seat belt use, multi-policy, good student, and driver training.
- USAA has savings for military installation, family discount, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for good driver, TimeAway discount, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance discounts include anti-theft, multi-policy, Pac-12 alumni, online shopper, emergency road assistance, claim free, and Switch & Save.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, pay in full, electronic funds transfer, business and professional, bundle discounts, and alternative fuel.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
When quoting, ask each company the best way to save money. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in Purcellville. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer online auto insurance quotes in Virginia, click here.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know the fact car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give the companies some data like your credit rating estimate, if a SR-22 is needed, how many miles driven, and what your job is. That rating data is then submitted to many different companies and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
To compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
How insurance companies determine premiums
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by companies to determine prices.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your car scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into auto accidents at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. They also get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Cut prices and deter theft – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Save annual miles and save money – The higher the miles on your car in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars partially by how you use the vehicle. Autos that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Ask your agent if your auto insurance policy states the correct usage.
- High comp and collision deductibles equal low rates – Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- What type of car, truck or SUV do you drive? – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums tend to be for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – Many auto insurance companies allow discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still compare other insurance prices to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Residing in areas with lower population is a good thing when talking about auto insurance. Urban drivers tend to have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Virginia minimum liability coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Independent versus captive auto insurance agents
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is you may find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is transmitted to insurance agents in Purcellville that can provide and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
Shown below are agents in Purcellville that may be able to provide price quotes.
- Jones Insurance – 201 N Maple Ave # 212, Purcellville, VA 20132 – (540) 751-1102
- State Farm Insurance – 609 E Main St # V, Purcellville, VA 20132 – (540) 338-4793
- Allstate Insurance – 102 N 21st St, Purcellville, VA 20132 – (540) 338-6767
- Sid Patterson Insurance – 15219 Edgegrove Rd, Purcellville, VA 20132 – (540) 668-7250
To easily search for agents near you, here is a complete selection of Purcellville Virginia auto insurance agencies.
After talking to the agent and getting good feedback to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found an insurance company that meets the criteria to properly insure your vehicles.
Don’t give up on affordable coverage
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, being labeled a high risk driver, questionable increases in premium or even delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
When you , it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We just covered many ways to get a better price on auto insurance. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Additional consumer information websites
Additional detailed information can be found at the Virginia Bureau of Insurance website. Visitors are able to file complaints about a company, find out industry alerts, read consumer alerts, and download brochures.