Are you overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance companies available to you? Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a chore to lower your premium rates. Lots of people think Rainbow City is a great city to live in, but inflated auto insurance rates can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to affordably buy enough coverage.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide information like your credit rating estimate, whether you drive to work or school, whether you are single or married, and how much education you have. Your insurance information gets sent immediately to multiple top-rated companies and they return quotes instantly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and complete the quick form.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain reductions will be credited at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Professional Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your bill.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you .
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts for Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, anti-theft, defensive driving training, student away at school, good driver, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, federal employee, anti-theft, air bags, defensive driver, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, homeowners, automatic seat belts, good student, early bird, and theft prevention.
- American Family may include discounts for multi-vehicle, early bird, air bags, mySafetyValet, and good driver.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for driver training, bundle, defensive driver, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
When getting , it’s a good idea to all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Rainbow City. To see auto insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Rainbow City, click here.
Auto insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Read more about Alabama auto insurance
Even more information is available at the Alabama Department of Insurance website. Alabama consumers can learn about specific coverages, discover disciplinary actions, and learn about insurance regulations.