Paying for high-priced auto insurance can drain your bank account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparison shopping is a great way to tighten up your finances.
Because there are so many companies to choose from, it can be challenging to choose the most cost effective insurance company.
You need to compare rates quite often because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on your last policy the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So just block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you’re going to learn the best way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Finding affordable coverage in Wayne is quite easy. Basically, every vehicle owner who is required by state law to have auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find better rates. But Nebraska vehicle owners must know how the larger insurance companies sell online.
Why some people pay less for insurance in Wayne
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in big savings.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Occupations like lawyers, business owners and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates because of stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and retirees receive lower rates.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Getting married actually saves money on your policy. It means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, vandalism, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Special features that cut premiums – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of add-on coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
How to Compare Auto Insurance in Wayne, Nebraska
When shopping for auto insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best method to compare insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online. This can be done in several different ways.
One of the simplest ways consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This easy form saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for every auto insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form will get you price quotes direct from many companies.
A different way to compare rate quotes requires visiting each company website and request a quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare Nationwide, Progressive and Allstate. You would have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.
To view a list of companies in Wayne, click here.
The hardest way of comparing rate quotes is to waste gas driving to different Wayne agent offices. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the trained guidance of a local Wayne agent. Drivers can get prices online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information with every price quote. If you use different liability limits it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison in Wayne. Quoting even small variations in limits can make a big difference in price. And when price shopping your coverage, more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- One Accident Forgiven – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up digitally online.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given the the whole policy. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
To choose insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts in Nebraska, click here.
What if I want to buy from a local Wayne agent?
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Wayne who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. Now that’s easy! It’s the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with.
Choosing an provider shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price. Here are some questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
What type of Wayne insurance agent is right for you?
If you’re trying to find a local agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Wayne agents are categorized either independent (non-captive) or captive.
Captive Insurance Agents
These agents can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Liberty Mutual and State Farm. These agents are not able to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Captive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of captive insurance agencies in Wayne that can give you comparison quotes.
Farm Bureau Insurance – 318 N Main St – Wayne, NE 68787 – (402) 375-3144
State Farm Insurance – 118 W 3rd St – Wayne, NE 68787 – (402) 375-3470
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company but rather can write business with any number of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it’s a good idea to contact several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are independent insurance agents in Wayne who can help you get price quote information.
State National Insurance Co – 112 E 2nd St – Wayne, NE 68787 – (402) 375-4888
Keith Jech Insurance and Rl Est – 408 Logan St – Wayne, NE 68787 – (402) 375-1429
First National Agency – 303 Main St – Wayne, NE 68787 – (402) 375-2511
To view a complete directory of Wayne insurance agents, visit this site.
Once you have good answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you’ve probably found an insurance agency that is a good match to properly insure your vehicles.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- What are Nebraska no-fault laws?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Nebraska minimum liability coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my vehicle?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
More tips and info about auto insurance is located at the Nebraska Department of Insurance website. Nebraska drivers can find out industry alerts, get help finding coverage, and learn about specific coverages.
The following articles may also be useful.
- Never Compare Fort Wayne, IN Auto Insurance Without Knowing These Money Saving Methods
- 8 Ways to Save on Auto Insurance in Fort Wayne, IN
- Tricks for Saving Money on Fort Wayne Auto Insurance Rates
Online plus local equals savings
We covered many tips how you can compare auto insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Drivers may discover the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When you buy insurance online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap auto insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Wayne, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.