Have you fallen victim to an overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us, many consumers feel financially strained by their car insurance policy.
Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies don’t list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when buying car insurance on Versa insurance.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates on Versa insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you could get a free car insurance policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Nissan Versa insurance rates have many determining factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of companies will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and dentists tend to have the highest average rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Other jobs such as farmers, historians and homemakers receive lower rates on Versa insurance.
- Never go without insurance – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will your rates increase, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- High performance equals high price – The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. The lowest rates are generally reserved for low performance passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Nissan Versa is considered a subcompact, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same or even less when compared to the average rates.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in calculating your car insurance rates. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Versa by improving your rating. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Does my personal auto insurance policy cover using my vehicle for business use?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Online quotes with a local insurance agent
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will return price quotes for your business. There is no need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to your email. How cool is that?! You can find better rates without the usual hassles of price shopping.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Ommissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How many years of experience in personal lines insurance coverages do they have?
If you want to contact a specific insurance agent in your state, click here.
Upon getting positive feedback to your questions as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an provider that can service your policy.
Drivers who switch save $388 a year? Really?
Allstate, GEICO and Progressive continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save after switching to them. How do they all say the same thing?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a driver they prefer could be over the age of 40, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted higher premiums and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much. That’s the way companies can state the savings. This emphasizes why you should quote coverage with many companies. You cannot predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest rates.
Do the work, save more money
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest Nissan Versa insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Nissan Versa insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a small local company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.